Cuando El predicaba en Palestina e incluso cuando fue arrestado y condenado a muerte, Nuestro Señor mantuvo su reconocimiento a la autoridad del sacerdocio Mosaico.
“Entonces Jesús habló a las muchedumbres y a sus discípulos, diciendo: En la cátedra de Moisés se han sentado los escribas y los fariseos. Haced, pues, y guardad lo que os digan, pero no los imitéis en las obras, porque ellos dicen y no hacen.” (Mateo XXIII, 1-3)
Aún más, Nuestro Señor no destituyó a San Pedro después de su triple traición durante la noche de la Pasión, sino que lo confirmó en sus funciones una vez que Pedro hiciera reparación por su pecado (Juan XXI, 15-17).
Beato Dom Columba Marmion abad de Maredsous (1858-1923)
Al final de este estudio, me gustaría aplicar las palabras del gran Abad Marmion a nuestro tema:
“Cuando estemos ante Cristo en el último día, Él no nos preguntará qué tanto hemos ayunado, si hemos pasado nuestra vida en penitencia, si hemos dedicado muchas horas a la oración: no, sino si hemos amado y ayudado a nuestros hermanos. ¿Serán entonces los demás mandamientos puestos de lado? Ciertamente no, pero nuestra observancia de éstos no habrá servido para nada si no hemos guardado su precepto de amarnos los unos a los otros, este precepto tan querido de Nuestro Señor, y que es Su Mandamiento.” 
Permítanme parafrasear: cuando estemos ante Cristo, El no nos preguntará nuestra opinión sobre la legitimidad del Pontificado del Papa Juan Pablo II (o de Juan XXIII, Pablo VI, Juan Pablo I, Benedicto XVI o Francisco. NdB). Sino que, nos preguntará si hemos guardado la Fe, si la hemos alimentado atendiendo una Misa válida y recibiendo Sacramentos válidos. Tal es la misión de los sacerdotes de la FSSPX, la de proveer a las almas estos medios necesarios para la santificación.
1. Sedevacantism, by Bishop Mark A. Pivarunas, Cmri. Bishop Pivarunas is the superior of the Congregatio Mariae Reginae Immaculatae (Congregation of Mary Queen Immaculate). Bishop Pivarunas received his episcopate from Bishop Thuc’ line bishops. The priests of CMRI are in charge of the Mount St. Michael School, Spokane, WA.
2. All my quotes from the Canon Law are related to the 1917 Code of Canon Law, published under Pope Benedict XV.
3. LNM: for the sake of convenience, I will use this abbreviation for the book La Nouvelle Messe de Paul VI: Qu’en penser?
4. TFP (Tradition, Family, Property) is a movement which was founded in Brazil in the 1930’s by Prof. Plinio Correa de Oliveira, who , for 40 years, was a close friend of Bishop Antonio de Castro Mayer. Plinio wrote a famous book on the agrarian reform in Brazil, in which he defended quite well the Catholic Principles. However, in the early 1980’s, Bishop Antonio de Castro Mayer publicly broke with the TFP, when he became convinced that the TFP had turned into a dangerous personality cult whose purpose is the glorification of its Brazilian founder, Dr. Plinio Correa de Olivera. Many highly idealistic and religiously motivated young men have been captivated by its persuasive program. The appeals to moral, dogmatic and liturgical tradition which are so refreshing in this age of turmoil are simply a means to lure individuals into the cult.
5. The Monothelite heresy pretends that there is only one will in Our Lord, thus denying the existence of both divine will and human will.
6. LNM, p 246
7. LNM, p 276- 279
8. Fr. Reginald Garrigou-Lagrange o.p. (†1964), was one of the finest theologians of the XX century. He was especially famous for his extraordinary capacity to give a synthesis of the thought of St. Thomas Aquinas. His many works show him as an achieved thomist and roman theologian. cf Pour La Sainte Eglise Romaine, V.A. Berto, Cadre, 1976.
9. Canon Law: A Text and Commentary, Bouscaren, 1951.
10. Canon 1556
11. A Practical Commentary on the Code of Canon Law, Woywod Smith, 1943.
12. Once again, recently, Pope John-Paul II praised his predecessor Paul VI, and the Second Vatican Council which “marked a true renewal of the Church”. He added: “The Church is alive today more than ever! But when one consider, it seems that there is still a lot to do; the work begins today and never ends.” Angelus prayer, Castelgandolfo, August 9, 2004.
13. Le Sel de la Terre, #49 (2004), p. 28. This quarterly review of theological studies, published by the traditional Dominican Fathers of Avrillé, France. This high quality review follows the mind of Archbishop Marcel Lefebvre and the SSPX in the combat for Tradition.
14. DTC (Dictionnaire de Théologie Catholique), Dublanchy, article Eglise, col. 2143.
15. Constitution Pastor Aeternus, July 18, 1870.
16. De L’Eglise de de sa Divine Constitution, Dom Gréa, Paris, 1885, p. 153. This book gives a commentary of the dogmatic constitution Pastor Aeternus of Vatican I Council. It has also a very interesting section which deals with “the extraordinary action of the episcopate”, which gives doctrinal ground to justify the actions of Catholic bishops in time of crisis. Fr. Gréa gives 3 reasons: 1. Such a state of necessity that the existence of religion would be at threat; 2. When the ministry of the regular pastors is annihilated or made powerless; 3. When there is no hope of a possible recourse to the Holy See.
17. Sedevacantism, Bishop Mark A. Pivarunas, Cmri, op. cit.
18. Apostolic Constitution, Vacantis Apostolicae Sedis, December 8, 1945
19. A Heretical Pope Would Govern The Church Illicitly But Validly, Living Tradition, May 2000
20.. The New Mass and the Pope, Archbishop Marcel Lefebvre, November 8, 1979
21. Billot, Tractatus de Ecclesia Christi, Vol. I, pp. 612-613. Along with Fr. Garrigou-Lagrange o.p., Louis Card. Billot s.j. was one of the greatest and finest Roman theologians of the XX century. He was a close friend of Fr. Henri Le Floch C.S.Sp., superior of the French Seminary in Rome, where Archbishop Lefebvre studied. Fr. Berto, who also studied in the same seminary under Fr. Le Floch, and was the personal theologian of Archbishop Lefebvre during the Council Vatican II said: “The genius of Cardinal Billot was to have recovered, separated, expanded and renewed the doctrine of the Angel of the School (St. Thomas Aquinas); to have taught the pure doctrine of St. Thomas, which he mastered remarkably with his personal charism.” Pour La Sainte Eglise Romaine, V.A. Berto, Cedre, 1976.
22. Canon 233 #2: “If, however, the Roman Pontiff announces the creation of some (Cardinal) in Consistory, (but) keeps his name reserved in his heart, one so promoted in the meantime enjoys no rights or privileges of a Cardinal, but, when the Roman Pontiff later makes his name known, he enjoys these from the date of publication, but with right of precedence from (the time of) the reservation in the heart.”
23. Sedevacantism – A False Solution to a Real Problem, pp. 51-57, Angelus Press, 2003
24. Fr. (then Bishop) Michel Guérard des Lauriers o.p. (†1988). In the 1970’s, Fr. Guérard was called by Archbishop Lefebvre to teach in the seminary of Econe. Later on, Archbishop Lefebvre had to dismiss Fr. Guérard des Lauriers on account of his sedevacantists theories. In the late 1970’s, Fr. Guérard des Lauriers developed his theory of the material pope, known as Cassiciacum thesis. In 1981, he was consecrated bishop by Bishop Thuc.
25. The New Mass and the Pope, Archbishop Marcel Lefebvre, November 8, 1979
26. Concerning a sedevacantist Thesis, SiSiNoNo, November 1998
27. Council of Constance, Session VIII: error #8 of John Wycliffe
28. Council of Constance, Session XV: error #20 of John Hus
29. Is a Sedevacantist to be considered a non-Catholic? Questions/Answers, Fr. Peter Scott, Angelus magazine http://www.sspx.org
30. Sedevacantism, by Bishop Mark A. Pivarunas, Cmri.
31. Sedevacantism, by Bishop Mark A. Pivarunas, Cmri.
32. Le Sel de la Terre, #47 (2003), p.73
33. LNM, p 317
34. DTC (Dictionnaire de Théologie Catholique), Dublanchy, article Infaillibilité du Pape, col. 1716
35. Pope or Church? Two studies on the Ordinary Magisterium of the Catholic Church, and on the Infallibility of the Church’s Ordinary Magisterium, Angelus Press, 1998
36. LNM, p 318
37. Le Sel de la Terre, #47 (2003)
38. Le Sel de la Terre, #47 (2003), p.47
39. The New Mass and the Pope, op.cit.
40. The Liturgical Year, Volume 4 – Septuagesima, feast of St. Cyril of Alexandria, Abbot Gueranger, p. 379-380
41. Declaration of November 21, 1974
42. Constitution Pastor Aeternus, July 18, 1870
43. The New Mass and the Pope, Archbishop Marcel Lefebvre, November 8, 1979
44. Christ, Life of the Soul, Abbot Columba Marmion, p.354